Welcome to the Shoprocket & Zapier integration guide. If you're looking to supercharge your Shoprocket store and connect it to over 5,000+ apps, this guide is for you.
With the Zapier integration, you can automate a multitude of tasks, from sending emails to adding new customers to your CRM.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Zapier
- Connecting Shoprocket to Zapier
- Creating Zaps with Shoprocket Triggers
- Example Use Cases
- Troubleshooting Tips
1. Introduction to Zapier
Zapier is an online automation tool that lets you connect different apps together, creating automated workflows (called Zaps) that do the work for you. Each Zap has a "trigger" (an event in one app) and an "action" (what happens in another app as a result).
2. Connecting Shoprocket to Zapier
To begin with, you need to have a Shoprocket merchant account and a Zapier account.
- Log in to your Zapier account.
- Click on the "Make a Zap" button.
- In the search bar, type "Shoprocket" and select it from the dropdown list.
- Click "Connect a new account."
- You'll be redirected to Shoprocket for authorisation. Enter your Shoprocket account details and allow permissions.
- Once connected, you'll be redirected back to Zapier.
3. Creating Zaps with Shoprocket Triggers
Shoprocket offers a variety of triggers for you to use:
- Order (created, updated, deleted)
- Product (created, updated, deleted)
- Customer (created, updated, deleted)
Steps to Create a Zap:
- From the "Make a Zap" dashboard, select "Shoprocket" as your trigger app.
- Choose the desired trigger (e.g., "order.created").
- Continue and select your Shoprocket account.
- Set up the trigger by selecting the required fields or filters if necessary.
- Test the trigger to make sure it's working correctly.
- Now, select the action app (the app you want to send the data to).
- Choose the desired action and connect the respective account.
- Map the Shoprocket data to the fields in your action app.
- Test the action.
- If everything works, name your Zap and turn it on.
4. Example Use Cases
- CRM Integration: Trigger - "customer.created" | Action - Add new contact in a CRM like HubSpot or Salesforce.
- Inventory Management: Trigger - "product.deleted" | Action - Send an alert or update inventory levels in an inventory management tool.
- Email Marketing: Trigger - "order.created" | Action - Add the customer to an email marketing tool like Mailchimp for future promotional emails.
5. Troubleshooting Tips
- Ensure your Shoprocket account has the necessary permissions.
- Make sure you've mapped the correct fields from Shoprocket to your action app.
- Test each step during Zap creation.
- Refer to Zapier’s logs for detailed error messages.
With the Shoprocket and Zapier integration, sky's the limit for automating tasks and creating seamless workflows. Ensure you review and test each Zap thoroughly to get the best out of your automation efforts. Happy automating!