Automatic discounts can be a powerful tool to incentivise customers and boost your sales. In Shoprocket, automatic discounts are applied to orders based on set parameters, such as a minimum number of items in the cart or a minimum order value. This guide will walk you through the process of creating automatic discounts.
Step 1: Navigate to the Discounts Section
First, log into your Shoprocket dashboard and navigate to the "Marketing" section. This is where you'll create and manage all of your discounts.
Step 2: Define Your Discount
Click on "Automatic Discounts" and then "Create Discount" button. You'll now have to fill in several fields to define the details of your discount. Here's what each field means:
- Discount Name: This is the name of your discount (e.g., "Buy 1 Get 1 Free"). It will be displayed to your customers, so make sure it's clear and enticing.
- Discount Type:This defines the nature of your discount. You can choose from three options:
- Flat rate discount: The customer will receive a fixed amount off (e.g. $10) when they spend over a certain amount.
- Percentage rate discount: The customer will receive a percentage discount (e.g. 10%) when they spend over a certain amount.
- Buy X Get Y: This type of discount allows customers to buy a certain quantity or value of items and get a discount or free items.
Depending on the discount type, the following fields will be available:
- Discount Value: This is the value of your discount. It can be a fixed amount (e.g. $10) or a percentage (e.g. 10%).
- Discount Applies To: Here, you specify whether your discount applies to all items, specific categories, or specific products.
- Applies to Orders Over: This is the minimum spend required to qualify for the discount.
- Start & End Date: Optionally, you can set a start and end date for the discount. This can be useful for limited-time sales or seasonal promotions.
Step 3: Define 'Buy X Get Y' Parameters
If you've chosen "Buy X Get Y" as your discount type, you'll have additional parameters to define:
- Customer Buys: You can set a minimum quantity of items (e.g. 10 shirts) or a minimum order value (e.g. $100) to qualify for the discount. Also, specify whether the discount applies to all items or specific products.
- Customer Gets: Choose whether the customer gets a percentage discount or free items. Then, specify which products the discount or free item applies to.
Step 4: Save Your Discount
Once you've filled out all the required fields and you're happy with your discount, click "Save". Your discount will now be live and automatically applied to qualifying orders.
That's it! With these steps, you can create a variety of automatic discounts to incentivise purchases and increase your sales. Remember, successful discounts are usually simple, clear, and offer real value to the customer. Happy selling!